Bug report

In this section, you can ask other players for help if you have gameplay-related questions, or get technical support from an administrator.
CinnamonFang

Bug report

Post by CinnamonFang » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:17 am

Brainbox, pls fix

ErrorException [Fatal Error]: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding ()
Occurred at APPPATH / classes / I18n.php [31]

Brainbox
Administrator

Re: Bug report

Post by Brainbox » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:19 am

It should be fixed now.

Sorry for that - the game was under an extended maintenance today, and it wasn't fully online until a few seconds ago.

CinnamonFang

Post by CinnamonFang » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:25 am

Brainbox wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:19 am
It should be fixed now.

Sorry for that - the game was under an extended maintenance today, and it wasn't fully online until a few seconds ago.
oh okay thanks.

im really impressed on how well maintained this game is, compared to other games which only have like weekly or monthly maintenance. And this game isn't even played a lot which is kinda disappointing.

How many players do die2nite have? how many does zombvibal have?

oh btw i managed to bring two of my friends in to help keep it alive.

Brainbox
Administrator

Post by Brainbox » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:21 pm

Thank you :)

Although, to be honest, the daily maintenance is fully automatic; I only need to get involved if I want to do stuff like software updates.

Currently, the game has about ~80 active players. I don't know how many people are left over at D2N, seeing as they basically don't have any support anymore...

Nirius

Post by Nirius » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:28 pm

If you have a mouse, you can farm items anywhere, and it seems that coins are very common, at least in hospital canteen, you can get ~600 per day, wich makes the spawn rate system a bit useless.
Bandages requires health below 50, not a bug but it's very annoying.
When you select variable time, on the first moment you can change the speed a few times before having to wait 30 minutes, it helps but not supposed to.
The wikia is heavily unupdated.
If you try to use power of will(Skill) after taking a morphine, nothing happens.
Morphine actually nerfs any item that recovers your health too, like Paracetoid or bandages, wich makes no sense.
The Colosseum needs a workshop.
"Killed Zombies " Could be renamed for "Kills", since anything we kill counts as killed zombie.

Brainbox
Administrator

Post by Brainbox » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi Nirius, thanks for your report! :)
Nirius wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:28 pm
When you select variable time, on the first moment you can change the speed a few times before having to wait 30 minutes, it helps but not supposed to.
This is actually intentional.
Nirius wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:28 pm
The wikia is heavily unupdated.
The wiki is run by the community. If you find outdated information, you're very welcome to update it.

As for the rest of the list, I'll check it out and will (hopefully) have fixes ready for the next season!

dopemeshter

Post by dopemeshter » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:50 am

Hi brainbox. so i tried to copy my secret key from die2nite and logging in to the beta version of the game. somehow it won't let me log in and kept giving me error messages. can you please help me fix this?

Brainbox
Administrator

Post by Brainbox » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:06 pm

You can't use the one D2N gives out on its profile page. There is another (even more) secret one, that gets automatically transmitted when opening ZV via the external sites directory on D2N. Since the beta server is not on this directory, I have to manually look these keys up and send them out for people asking to join the beta server. I've sent you your key via PM, so have fun on the beta server! :)