Mouse is eating/drinking me out of the house...

What aspects of the game do you like, and which ones get on your nerves?
Crystik

Mouse is eating/drinking me out of the house...

Post by Crystik » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:42 pm

So, every time I get a mouse pet, like Sherri, they eat/drink at the most ridiculous pace...I have seen Sherri waste my precious Isotonic Sportsdrink when her freaking water level was 90/100...
Also the fact that Sherri is a mouse makes it even more annoying, because any food/water brings the food level to 100%...which means that Sherri is wasting over 90% of the drink/food at a constant rate. Is this normal, because I went offline for the night, and the next day...all my sportsdrink was gone...the rodent drank it all. Many games I have played has been cut short because the freaking mouse has drunk 50% of the liquids in the hideout. At the same time, I have sometimes seen Dogmeat/Winchester go on massive fasts, not eating/drinking until they are on the brink of death...as the mouse eats/drinks at the smallest notion. Is this normal, and if it isn't please fix it...I'm starting to hate the rat, despite it's searching bonus .-.

Crystik

Re: Mouse is eating/drinking me out of the house...

Post by Crystik » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Confirmed...just watched Sherri eat a lunchbox ration the tick after reaching 90/100 hunger. Is this mouse a freaking black hole of food/water?

Brainbox
Administrator

Post by Brainbox » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:21 pm

Yes, this is intended behaviour. Sherry (and all mice, in general) is designed to consume massive amounts of food and water, in exchange for increased chances of finding items. The only way to prevent this is to keep any food / water out of her range, for example by keeping it in your own inventory.

Crystik

Post by Crystik » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:19 pm

Thanks! I now have everything in my inventory now...a bit annoying, but I can live with it.

Crystik

Post by Crystik » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:03 pm

Does having multiple mice in an area increase the chance to find something, or does it stop at once mouse? Just want to know. Thanks!

Brainbox
Administrator

Post by Brainbox » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:52 pm

Having a mouse doesn't increase YOUR chance of finding items; the mouse itself has a higher chance of finding stuff, compared to a normal player.

So, if you have multiple mice, each one of them will find items for you with their increased chances.

dopemeshter

Post by dopemeshter » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:07 am

the best trick is to put the food in the wastelands as its the only place the animals dont go automacticly.

binxmuldoon

Post by binxmuldoon » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:26 am

Honestly coming at this from a newer player perspective I think the pets are worthless and I just bring them home and let them eat each other, although if I could keep myself alive id consider putting more effort into keeping dogmeat alive. I don't think any of the pets should function as npcs I think they should just become party members or something like that, everything they do on their own tends to be negative. And keeping your supplies outside your house so your animals don't eat it just seems like a lot of dicking around and seems unrealistic since your hideout would probably be where a person keeps their food.

RadiatedSoldier

Post by RadiatedSoldier » Thu May 02, 2019 5:38 pm

I usually just end up letting all the animals die but dogmeat lol. I don’t know if the cats scavenge or not but it feels like I’ve never seen them find an item, and Sherri is too much work to keep around. Unless I lose dogmeat I just leave NPCs where I found them, or send them to the nuclear reactor to die. I leave all my food in the hideout and equip dogmeats collar so he doesn’t eat or drink without permission inbetween naps. Dogmeat’s a good pet to really scavenge and deal decent damage while absorbing zombie hits for the player.
Shine bright into darkness