In this section, you can ask other players for help if you have gameplay-related questions, or get technical support from an administrator.
Following ruins have a lot of water drops:
-Nuclear reactor (If you open the vents)
Following ruins give you drinkable items
Pubs (A ton of alcohol, easy to get in earlygame)
Hobby room (Has a lot of alcohol, watch out for the killer)
Fast food restaurant (alcohol, water, softdrinks)
Pharmacy (Blue and beige pills refill your thirst completly)
You could also butcher corpses for 3 blood per corpse, which you could clean with a micropure.
Lol just right before i read this post, i rushed hospital with improved battery cannon and got the cure from the pharmacy. but dogmeat and winchester died tho.Misha wrote: ↑Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:19 pmWell,CinnamonFang wrote: ↑Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:42 amThanks for the answer. You seem knowledgeable. I never make it past day 5
is this you? http://www.zombvival.de/?r=ranking/soul/1236
can you give me some tips and techniques?
edit: Q: what are the chances of finding a rat? Does the place matter?
First of all, you need to find a rat. There is always one in the public restrooms. Others are random. Also be careful about the amount of food and water they consume. They start eating/drinking at 90% of their bars, and they have no problem eating everything you have. Try to store your food into the Wasteland, and, when you find all the necessary items, send a rat to some place so they won`t be a burden. I`m also not sure about Dogmeat, i use him as a flesh shield at the start so i won`t have to spend energy on machete swings or batteries, which will be very important later.
The most important location to visit is the burned house. There you find:
0) Improved massage stick (!!!)
2) Lots of food, some water (btw, try to save as much water as possible, you can even drink some alcho for empty bottles), LOADS of alcho
3) Bandages (mostly in the hobby room, never seen less than 4)
4) Furniture (you will always make use of materials from dismantling, especially the boiler)
5) Weapons and armor (melee weapons are useless unless you have like 0 ammo for everything, armor weights too much to really use and is also useless as you don`t go to hand to hand combat with a ranged weapon)
6) Corpses, in the hobby room. You better count the amount of corpses in every location, you will need them later.
Also, you can safely walk into a hobby room after finding a teddy to take the stuff that you left if you do it within the same tick and quickly go outside.
So, there is almost everything you need. Improved massage stick is one of the most important things, cuz it raises your fatigue (the less fatigue you have, the lesser the chance to find an item) and energy to the max, so you won`t have to go to sleep at the first day. You also really need to find a flashlight - you won`t find anything without it in the night. It also helps you during the day in 90% of locations (the ones that don`t have the "burning sun")
Other valuable locations for the first days:
1) Pharmacy - drugs, red and beige pills for energy (try to use beige pills only for construction or when you need to go back from a big scavenge. High alcho also decreases the finding chance), blue pills for food and water.
2) Bar - some furniture, lots of alcho. It is good to take a bottle of beer for not very distant scavenges.
3) Asylim - lots of valuable loot of all sorts, MANY corpses (note), matresses. Don`t hesitate to make a few trips to take everything you found. Same rules for no tick - no death.
4) Shop (apple bitemark) - everything. Healthy food, some drinks (better turn them into the clear water when the time is right), furniture, construction materials on random when uncovering the stall...
5) "Steak" shop - drinks, fast food. Fast food is good for feeding your rats and late game, when you don`t have to worry about energy
6) Weapon shop - batteries. Actually, you will rarely find there any weapons. Rifles are trash - they weigh too much. Colts are also bad - deal less damage, but, at least, it`s one of the lightest weapons in the game. But if you get a water blaster - you are extremely lucky. It`s ultra effective - overflow value is high, especially for the upgraded version (and you should definitely upgrade it later), ammo are everywhere, and later on you can easily get them from corpses. Don`t even think of going to hospital without one.
So, by the time dogmeat most likely dies, you should have a lvl 2 or 3 bed (don`t forget to rip matresses if you need some sheets), a flashlight, upgraded massage stick, drugs, obviously rock`n roll, amount of alchohol that is enough to kill an elephant... That`s it. If you don`t have those, you better restart. From this point you can start sleeping to recover energy.
Next days start going at other viewpoints:
1) Visit the druglab. I think there is only 1 on the map, but that`s understandable, as it is one of the best locations. 100% you will find there a water blaster, the chance is extremely big. Open the boxes, the pills are extremely good (but be afraid of dying from accidental sugar powder). Use purple reagents to double the good pills (red, beige and blue)
2) Hardware shops, constriction sites, sandstorm radio - electronic parts are very rare, you will also need the engine. Don`t forget to crush extra boilers for electronic parts, you need 5 in total for the generator + workshop electrification - without those don`t expect to survive for more than a month (lol, i haven`t lived for so long too, but trust me)
3) There is a lot of water in the garden and the nuclear reactor... If you have a lot of empty bottles - go for it. Don`t die from radiation.
The only defensive upgrade for your hideout is the pit. Easy -20 zombies. That way you won`t have to spend resources on repairs till the later stages when the efficiency of transforming scrap into materials will rise due to having the electrified workshop.
You also should have a basic kitchen... Maybe kitchen utensils, they are very important. And a workshop, of course.
You should get to that stage by the end of the first week.
Well, if did ALL of that, i can congratulate you - you will get into the first pages of ranking, as long as you won`t do something stupid like me (used a beige pill, started transporting corpses from the Hideout to wasteland and died from falling caused by alcho; or went for corpses into the asylim, forgot about my energy and died)
Now you can: use fuel for energy, batteries (you will have at least 100), create 3 planks and plates from 4 logs and 4 scrap - easy repairs and defensive upgrades. Collect corpses from the closest parts of the map - to dismember them. You will get food and water (blood). The meat should be cooked and it won`t be bad for your health, the blood can be used as ammo for the blaster (also, don`t forget to upgrade it for max efficiency). Or you can boil it into clear water... Or collect 25 instances for the moat (100 defence, wow). Actually, it will be quite easy if you bring at least 10 corpses, though you will need much more as ammo for your water gun and as a drink.
You will have to collect the scrap from all visited viewpoints, visit all the buldings and barricade into your hideout. Don`t forget about decorations. And, most importantly, don`t be risky - i was, and i regret it.
Brainbox, give me an award, i spent 2 hours on that and i don`t have a clue why...
Still here (unless you're talking about El Presidente - that guy is probably over in Tropico).
Nutrient Plasma is a rate item with a 75% chance of a positive effect when using it (and a 25% chance of a negative one). Do you have any specific questions about it?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests