Quick questions/answers

In this section, you can ask other players for help if you have gameplay-related questions, or get technical support from an administrator.
deadkiller12

Re: Quick questions/answers

Post by deadkiller12 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:29 am

Q: I am going to make Armour Suggestions soon but i not 100% on how the armor works in general in this game. Can you explain it

Brainbox
Administrator

Post by Brainbox » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:49 am

A. Sure.

Every piece of armor has a "health bar" ("condition"). When you take damage, the armor blocks some of it and takes damage in return. When it's "health" drops to zero, it gets destroyed.

There are currently three types of armor: Helmets, body armor and shields. You can only equip one item for each type at a time. Zombies can either attack your body or head, and armor items will only be effective when the zombies target the party of your body they protect.

If you have both a shield and another piece of armor (say, a helmet), the shield will absorb damage before the helmet. For example:

Let's assume, a zombie deals 5 damage to your head. You have a shield which blocks 2 damage and a helmet which blocks 1. Also, your character has a 10% damage resistance (because you're playing as footballer)

The zombies 5 damage are reduced to 4.5 due to your damage resistance.
The shield takes 4.5 damage.
The helmet takes 2.5 damage, since the shield has already absorbed 2 points of damage.
You loose 1.5 health, since the helmet has absorbed 1 point of damage.

I hope that has cleared everything up :) if you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)

deadkiller12

Post by deadkiller12 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:00 am

Another Question:

Q:If we leave a Location after a hour or two of Looting, Does the Place regenerate the items or is it going to be empty for the rest of the game

Brainbox
Administrator

Post by Brainbox » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:18 pm

A: Places never regenerate in their own. There is a heroic action that does that, but simply waiting will not regenerate a location.

bootstrap666

Post by bootstrap666 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:54 am

Q: Lately I've been getting the server load problem quite a lot, and experiencing a good bit of lag, sometimes i won't be able to open anything the requires a pop up menu, like the map or the workbench, anything i can do about it?
"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success." Henry Ford

---Bootstrap

Brainbox
Administrator

Post by Brainbox » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:50 pm

Not really, except reducing the game speed of course.

However, some problems you might encounter during the game are not actually server errors. For instance, Popup menus that close again right after opening are a sign that something in the game has changed preventing you from using this specific popup (for instance, when you don't refresh the page after a tick where zombies started to siege your location, you won't be able to open the map screen.)

Also, if you get a "Server load to high" message on the forum, that does not relate to the game in any way, since the forum and game do not run on the same server (or even network).

bootstrap666

Post by bootstrap666 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:06 am

By reduce you mean lower it? Because right now it's on 15 minutes, i mean popup menus that open and show the guy being chased by zombies.... but doesn't close or finish loading, it doesn't close at all, i have to refresh it (and this is in between ticks too), and i mean i was using the workbench, i don't think this is blocked by anything. The message was in-game too, not on the fourms :)
"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success." Henry Ford

---Bootstrap

Irishpolak

Post by Irishpolak » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:27 am

bootstrap666 wrote:Q: Lately I've been getting the server load problem quite a lot, and experiencing a good bit of lag, sometimes i won't be able to open anything the requires a pop up menu, like the map or the workbench, anything i can do about it?
I've been having the same issue myself lately. Every time I pick up an item, access a menu, look at a map, or advance the timer I get the same "The server is currently experiencing heavy load and couldn't process your request on time. Please wait a minute and try again. If this problem persists, please notify an administrator."

I also have the issue of being stuck looking at pop-ups that refuse to load, forcing a refresh of the page and the same error code to pop up again. This issue started about 3 days ago, and I've been dealing with it since, however my friends have no issues themselves, even when I was getting the error while in a private town with them.

Brainbox
Administrator

Post by Brainbox » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:23 am

My server logs don't indicate any major speed issues at the moment... but I'll keep an eye open.

The "Server couldn't complete your request on time"-message is just an indicator that the game client (your browser) didn't receive an answer within a certain time limit, so it could also be a connectivity issue (especially if it does not affect all players equally).

Does this only happen on certain times, or do these issues just come and go without any clear pattern?

bootstrap666

Post by bootstrap666 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:02 am

Mine just says "The sever is experincing a heavy load at the moment..." ussualy whenever i try to move, fight zombies, or hit continue when a tick ends. Not any paticular time of day, could it be my internet? We've already discussed how bad my internet is :P

---Bootstrap