Quick questions/answers

In this section, you can ask other players for help if you have gameplay-related questions, or get technical support from an administrator.
Terion

Re: Quick questions/answers

Post by Terion » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:58 pm

So, there is the big water bottle container. (I forget exactly what it is called, but it holds 12 units of water-variant and weighs 5.)

I thought I was being clever, and filled one up with a mix of dirty / contaminated / blood water before dropping in a water purifying tablet. (I was playing a normal single-player run.) The resulting text was something about it dropping into the mud on the bottom of the container and not doing much of anything.

So, my actual question, Brainbox: Does the water purifying tablet have any effect on the big water bottles, or should we save them for our 4-unit water flasks?

Thanks for all your work!

taylork2

Post by taylork2 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:14 pm

Water purifying tablets remove a certain amount of damage from the water you drink.
You you add enough blood/contaminated water to a water cooler it'll take more than 1 purifying tablet to completely clear it.
Make sure to examine the water for the message, if it's only cloudy you'll just take a bit of damage so you don't really need to use another. Though it could still be deadly(bring tears to your eyes)

Terion

Post by Terion » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:07 am

Ah, okay, so that "limited cleaning" applies on normal mode as well, now? I used to play a long while back, and at the time a tablet would fully clean a flask at normal difficulty (only Hardcore had the limited cleaning effect.)

I've been gradually adjusting to the changes that happened over the years, and retraining my old knowledge.

Which actually brings a related question to mind: as well as we know, how does water contamination work? I mean, intuitively, you would think that if you take a half-full flask of contaminated water and mix in some cleaner water, it would lessen the painful effects of drinking the water; diluting the bad stuff. But, from some bits I've read (which may all be wildly out of date) I feel it's more like a container has a contamination "counter", and adding water with any amount of dirt in it just directly increases that counter, while drinking a portion of the water hurts you and removes contamination from that counter in proportion to the amount you drank (half the counter, if you drank from a flask that held two units, for example.) And the tablets also reduce the amount of that counter. Is that anywhere in the neighborhood of making sense?

taylork2

Post by taylork2 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:45 am

Brainbox has the mathematical equation for it, I don't know it personally but I think he pasted it somewhere.
In normal mode if you put 4 normal blood into a water container it'll be completely clean with 1 purifying tablet.

Ehh hehehe. Yeah that would make sense but it doesn't work like that, well not exactly.
First disregard clean/dirty/contaminated/blood water. Really those are just damage amounts that water does.
In the older versions, if you had 3 water in a container and the water did 0 damage(clean) and you add another 1 water that does 25 damage, now all the water does 25 damage.
Now it doesn't exactly do that. Now same situation
3 water that deal zero damage in a container, you add the 25 damage water.
The first time you drink from this container it'll deal 25 damage.
However if you drink again(or remove 1 water without drinking) it'll deal less damage, probably around 19 damage.
Drink again it'd deal like 14 damage.
Last one will deal like 8.

Those numbers aren't completely accurate, but you can see the effect I'm talking about if you try it.

And if I'm not mistaken if you take water out of a container that does damage to you, you can infinitely raise the damage it does by taking some of the water out and putting it back in and just repeatedly emptying and filling it up with the same water.

DjangoAX

Post by DjangoAX » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:26 pm

Quick Question: Is eating/drinking the only way to stay warm, or is there other things you can do?

taylork2

Post by taylork2 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:12 am

At the christmas fair? Yes that's all you can do.
In northpole survival you can equip clothing with better insulation(?) values and light fires.

Erikohls

Post by Erikohls » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:47 pm

How do i complete the laser fence? I never saw that pink eletronic device and have no idea how to get it. Thanks.

taylork2

Post by taylork2 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:40 am

Erikohls wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:47 pm
How do i complete the laser fence? I never saw that pink eletronic device and have no idea how to get it. Thanks.
You mean the purple electronics? You have to produce them by making an electronic workshop.

Erikohls

Post by Erikohls » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:46 pm

taylork2 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:40 am
Erikohls wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:47 pm
You mean the purple electronics? You have to produce them by making an electronic workshop.
Thank you very much.