Cat and mouse

Got some great ideas for future game content? Just post them here!
CinnamonFang

Cat and mouse

Post by CinnamonFang » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:27 pm

As of currently, cat's are... well they just function as a meat shield for now. They're like a downgraded versions of dogs, they can't carry weight.

How about making it a hybrid?

-it say's it can carry at least 5 weights if you access its rucksack but can't put anything in it. A bug? so the suggestion is, let it be able to carry 5-7 weights.
-Has better item finding chance than the dog but lesser than the rat.

The way the rat just consumes food an water at 90% is really annoying. it eats regardless of the value of the ration. I suggest to modify its behavior to like a dog where they only consume food and water at low levels. But it would be unbalanced that way, so here's my proposal, make them drain hunger and thirst faster.

so here, no consuming at 90 and in exchange they get hungrier and thirsty faster

also while im at it i wanna complain on how water is so scarce. I mean its okay but at early stages its hard to deal with the scarcity as you cant really do anything with corpses yet. maybe increase the amount of water all over the game by 15%-25%?

DjangoAX

Re: Cat and mouse

Post by DjangoAX » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:24 am

I too have issues with the rat, as even when there are smaller food options and when I carry condensates for them, they will choose to eat pumpkins, corpses, drink water/blood I intended for other use, and generally be a nuisance.

I've started to come to terms that the only good rat is a dead rat, and I purposely let them die like a sadist because I would rather be a terrible person than get worked over by these pint-sized jerks.

taylork2

Post by taylork2 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:43 pm

They'll always eat/drink the highest value food/drink item on the ground, with the occasional exception of eating dalad jelly.
Sherri will eat/drink around 90 Hydration/90 Hunger. Other mice will eat/drink at 95.

TheSandman

Post by TheSandman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:44 pm

I love the rat. You just have to store your food and water in the wasteland so they only eat when you allow it. Id hate to see them altered. I do agree that the cT should have some sort of buff.