IMPORTANT: Endless Reload

This forum contains official announcements, changelogs and previews on upcoming seasons.
Brainbox
Administrator

IMPORTANT: Endless Reload

Post by Brainbox » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:02 pm

Hello players!

Unfortunately, some of you are expieriencing a bug that causes the game to load indefinitely and jump between "Loading language-dependant scripts" and "Downloading savegame".

This occurs due to a bug in Firefox. I have already implemented a server-side fix for this, but unfortunately, you'll have to reset your Firefox cache for it to work.

Just enter your Firefox settings and go to Advanced / Network. Then, click the "Clear now" button unter the "Cached Web Content" section. Please do NOT use the Forced Reload function (CRTL+F5) instead, as that will NOT solve the problem! You do, indeed, need to clear the entire cache!

taylork2

Re: IMPORTANT: Endless Reload

Post by taylork2 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Umm, I'm having it happen to me on Chrome too.

taylork2

Post by taylork2 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:56 pm

I managed to at least temporarily fix it by manually reloading the English Translation.

Brainbox
Administrator

Post by Brainbox » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:58 pm

Yes, it seems to happen for Chrome users, too. The solution is the same, however - clearing the browsers cache.

Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL to bring up the Clear Browser Data screen and check the option to clear the cache (sorry, I have a German version of Chrome, so I can't tell you exactly what the option is called). You don't need to check any of the other options, just the one for the cache.

I wasn't sure which browsers were affected, at first. Unfortunately, the site works fine with Chrome, Firefox and even Edge for me. That's why I didn't catch this during testing.