Update (16th. Oct)

This forum contains official announcements, changelogs and previews on upcoming seasons.
Brainbox
Administrator

Update (16th. Oct)

Post by Brainbox » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:07 pm

This update contains the following changes:
  • Fixed an error in multiplayer mode, that in certain circumstances caused the events at the insane asylum and hobby room not to trigger correctly.
[Edit: 16.10, 19:50 (GTM+2)]
I had to upload another update to permanently fix this problem. Unfortunately, this update might cause the event state in hobby room and insane asylum to reset OR jump ahead one event in games started before this update! This only happens when you have found and visited the hobby room / insane asylum already.

Ganzje

Re: Update (16th. Oct)

Post by Ganzje » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Could it be that it has some (unwanted) effect in other games as well?

I seem to be getting the same 2 occurances for a while now.

Strange occurances

You see some bloodstains on the wall. These must be from when the asylum was overrun by zombies. However, they seem awefully fresh...

Strange occurances

You hear a sound from the shadows behind you, and feel a cooling draught. Expecting a zombie attack, you turn around. But nothing happens ...

They keep coming back though. Not sure if that ever happened to me, don't think so. So it must be a bug.

Since i'm playing last scout, i don't get any benefit out of it. But i imagine you could spent a looooong time here without zombies if the occurances don't change.
However i'm not 100% sure the psycho that's hiding here isn't coming. I'll give it some more time. I'm at 10+ events now, so don't think it's normal.

Brainbox
Administrator

Post by Brainbox » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:49 pm

I've only observed cases where the bug causes the events not to trigger, but it might be possible that the bug causes the event to trigger multiple times.

If these double events are fixed with todays update, then this was probably the case ^^. If not, then I'll have to look for another bug...

Ganzje

Post by Ganzje » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:32 pm

Well it only started happening when i've made that post, so after the update. So i guess it's another bug.

Brainbox
Administrator

Post by Brainbox » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Great, I fixed one part of the code and broke something in another part -.-

Anyways, I've uploaded a hotfix that should take care of this event loop. Let's just hope I didn't manage to break something again...

This fix might cause the event status in the insane asylum / hobby room to reset OR skip one event in games started prior to this update!

Ganzje

Post by Ganzje » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:54 pm

I'll test it later, hope i'll not die rightaway ;-)

update: got 'bloodstains' and 'shadows' twice already (both), so it doesn't seem fixed?

RadiatedSoldier

Post by RadiatedSoldier » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:01 pm

Well since we're reporting weird thingies with the instant deaths like the Insane Asylum. I had a glitch forever ago that I bothered not reporting since it kinda benefited me.

The psycho or the Event count down things never showed up. And I scavenged there a good 4 hours [In game]. It was way before the update, it was probably like 3 weeks ago actually, but I didn't report it cause I forgot to, and it benefited me to a safe zone with no zombies and a psycho who abandoned his asylum :lol:.
Shine bright into darkness

Ganzje

Post by Ganzje » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:12 pm

Heh the main reason i wanted to report it immediately, was because it's abusable.

Someone has been naughty :D

Brainbox
Administrator

Post by Brainbox » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Ganzje wrote:I'll test it later, hope i'll not die rightaway ;-)

update: got 'bloodstains' and 'shadows' twice already (both), so it doesn't seem fixed?
I've just tested both the asylum and the hobby room, and with the latest fix they both seem to work fine. I've your game is older than this update, the event status may be reset to the starting point at some time (once), meaning you'll get events that already happened a second time. But after that, the events should work properly.

If you get events repeated more than once, I'd need some more info from you, especially game mode, profession, location (hobby room or asylum) and the exact events that keep looping.

Thanks for your help :)

Ganzje

Post by Ganzje » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:12 am

well i'll try again today, but the "looping" of events didn't stop yesterday

Some more info:
- The last scout
- Amateur
- Asylum

Both events that kept happening to me yesterday are:

Strange occurances

You see some bloodstains on the wall. These must be from when the asylum was overrun by zombies. However, they seem awefully fresh...

Strange occurances

You hear a sound from the shadows behind you, and feel a cooling draught. Expecting a zombie attack, you turn around. But nothing happens ...

After i have these 2, they come back again. I'll go check again now.